Star Construction Company,Inc in Massachusett specializes in Design – Build. The steps we take together through this process are outlined here.
At first phone contact, discuss basic project feasibility and schedule an initial meeting.
The purpose of this meeting will be to:
- Meet each other, discuss and examine your
- Determine in broad based terms if the project is possible with regard to budget and existing conditions.
- Establish, if possible, in what budget range the cost is likely to (These figures do not represent an estimate or actual project cost, they are intended to establish a target budget only.)
- If we do determine that the project is plausible we may take one of two approaches; a feasibility study or design agreement.
- We may photograph and measure the affected area of the
- Discuss solutions to the major design problems or
- We will generate a preliminary scope of work and related estimated budget required for that scope of work.
- We will share that information with you.
- If design work is unnecessary the next step would be to accept the Feasibly Study Agreement.
At this time we requests our standard non-refundable payment of 5% of the current estimated cost of construction. This payment will serve to schedule and hold our crews for your project and is a confirmation of continuing good faith in contract negotiation and our agreement to perform the work, subject to mutually agreeable final contract terms.
However if the project is feasible with regards to existing conditions but design work is required to generate a preliminary scope of work and related estimated budget we may prepare and present the Design Phase only proposal.
· After acceptance we will:
- Investigate the home and provide construction consultation related to design as
- Produce preliminary design drawings consisting of; existing conditions, floor plans of remodeled and/ or new space, foundation plan if needed and elevations based on your project parameters.
- Develop project specifications (Generally defined product, material and scope of work descriptions)
- The cost of this phase is approximately 2 1/2 to 3% of our target project building cost budget.
- 50% of design price is due to begin the work and 35 % at first design drawing presentation, balance of 15% at completion of the design
- During the Design Phase, we will be able to help develop the actual fixed project costs by working very closely together and also involving our team of subcontractors and other
- The final pricing will require input from the owner for selection of materials, (including sizes, manufacturers, makes, models, colors, features, availability, special construction product requirements) to determine the final cost for the project. Please keep in mind, your design and product choices will have the greatest impact on your project cost.
At the completion of the Design Phase agreement, you will have:
- Developed project specifications (Clearly defined specific products, materials and scope of work descriptions).
- Completed design
- Detailed Project
- We will be able to develop the actual fixed price project build price.
- We will write up our proposal and contract for
- We will present the Fixed Price Construction Phase Proposal Contract for your acceptance.
After the completion of the Design Phase you may:
- Retain all design documents and take no further
- Decide to accept the contract for construction and proceed to the construction
Should you decide to accept the contract for construction:
- Star Construction Company, Inc. will produce any final permit drawings, engineering review as needed and apply for all necessary permit.
- Provide schedule of the project projected starting and completion