Star Construction Company,Inc in Massachusett specializes in Design – Build. The steps we take together through this process are outlined here.
At first phone contact, discuss basic project feasibility and schedule an initial meeting.
The purpose of this meeting will be to:
- Meet each other, discuss and examine your project.
- Determine in broad based terms if the project is possible with regard to budget.
- Establish in what budget range the cost is likely to be. (These figures do not represent an estimate or actual project cost, they are intended to establish a target design budget only.)
If the project is feasible with regard to budget and existing conditions, we will prepare and present the Design Phase only contract and after acceptance we will:
- Investigate the home and provide consultation as needed.
- Photograph and measure the affected area of the home.
- Provide solutions to the major design problems or issues.
- Produce preliminary design drawings consisting of; existing conditions, floor plans of remodeled and / or new space, foundation plan if needed and elevations.
- Develop project specifications (Clearly defined product, material and scope of work descriptions)
- Prepare the proposal and contract for construction.
- The cost of this phase is approximately 2 1/2 to 3% of our target project budget.
- 50% is due to begin the work and 50 % at completion of the design work.
- During the Design Phase, we will be able to develop the actual fixed project costs by working very closely together and also involving our team of subcontractors and other specialists.
At the completion of the Design Phase agreement, you will have:
- Completed design drawings
- Detailed Project Specifications
- The Construction Phase Fixed Price Proposal Contract
After the completion of the Design Phase you may:
- Retain all documents and take no further action.
- Decide to accept the contract for construction and proceed to the construction phase.
Should you decide to accept the contract for construction:
- Star Construction Company, Inc. will produce the final permit drawings, provide Engineering review, apply for all necessary permits and schedule the starting and completion dates.
- Upon acceptance of the Contract for Construction, the total cost of the Design / Build agreement will be applied to the total cost of construction.